Thursday, May 12, 2011

The Top of Ireland


Bill and I were visiting Malin Head, Ireland.  This most northerly point is not far from Bill's family home.  His grandfather came from Ireland and lived in Pennsylvania.

This sweet man is named Willie Tom with my husband.  He was our tour guide, host, and drinking buddy.

Willie Tom and his family took very good care of us.  He took us on a tour of where the family came from and the home where Bill's grandfather grew up.  He introduced us to his cattle and Bill did a little wrangling. 

Willie Tom's lovely wife fed us well.  Big breakfasts with a smile.  She said something I will be using from now on.  I was going to get up and help myself to something and she told me to sit down for she will walk for me.  I love that.   I used that saying for her the rest of the week.

This is the view from this point.  It was beautiful and very windy.  Very hard to take a picture when you faced the wind. 

Eire is Irish for Ireland.  How it is placed the name will stay there forever.



Bill is on the top of the world.  The day was absolutely gorgeous!  The same can be said about my husband.  Couldn't have asked for a better day or better man to share this adventure. 

There were many sites to see that were just as gorgeous but seeing him happy was the best of them all.  I love this man!  I was so glad to have witness this first hand.

 Madly in Love AbbieSilhouette of an African American Couple Hugging on a Park Bench - Clipart



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I do enjoy reading your thoughts :)