Friday, May 27, 2011

A Grateful Life


I'm loving life right now. 


It is Friday afternoon. I got out of work early.  A three day weekend to look forward to enjoy. I will enjoy my favorite choice of cocktail - cranberry juice and vodka.

I will not set the alarm clock.  Well, I may be awaken by Lando.   He will need to relieve himself and I would rather he do it outside and not on my carpet. 

I no longer have little ones who depend on me to take care of their every need.   I have graduated to being the grandma. 

I am the grandma, who children visit and ask for cookies and gives them willingly. 

I am the grandma, who lets them play with the garden hose and lets them get soaked to the bone. 

I am the grandma, when the kids start to get cranky, I call their mother to handle it.    

I am the grandma that will let the kids yell at the top of their lungs and joins in the fun. 

Life is good.  I enjoy being a grandma.  I enjoy being a wife and mother.  I enjoy being me. 

On this special weekend, I will also remember the men and women who sacrificed their lives so that others may be free.  I will think of the families that were left behind. The families who will honoring the loved ones that won't be coming home.  


I am very blessed. I am  very grateful that my son, who served his time in the Air Force, never saw combat and is able to come home.   

I will raise my glass this weekend and I will toast to yesterday, today, and hopefully for tomorrow.

God bless my family
and
God Bless all the military!!


   Grateful Abbie

1 comment:

  1. I love how much you love being a mother and grandmother. It's a thing to be grateful for indeed. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I do enjoy reading your thoughts :)