Sunday, May 22, 2011

Making a Mark


It is the day after the so called Judgement day, Apocalypse, end of the world.  Jokes were made throughout facebook.  It was all over the news. A man spent his life retirement money to advertise the coming of the end to save the people in New York.  People stopped paying their bills and ran up their credit cards.  This was all caused by what one man said.  The world was coming to an end on May 21, 2011.  A man most people have not met.


Which brings me to this post,  I have always believed that people we meet during our lifetime forms the person we become.  They may add or take away a piece of us. They may be in our lives for as little as one day or be our forever friends. 


Some people strive to make a mark in the world, whether it is to be the richest, prettiest, or the most famous in the world.  I choose to leave my mark or a footprint on my children's and grandchildren's hearts.


I want them to remember to laugh.  I can laugh at the silliest of jokes. I can find joy in almost anything.  I have found life to short to dwell on the bad things. I can laugh at myself. The laugh I have is  very loud and very robust.   Babies are startle at my noise.   For a short round girl, I may not be seen but I can be heard.


I want them to love to read.  I read everything I can get my hands on. I read instruction manuals that come with appliances, bikes, and remote controls.  I love to read the signs that are posted everywhere.   I especially love to read to my grandchildren. I want them to get all the knowledge that the world can provide.


I love to hug and kiss the people in my life.  I am a very affectionate person.  I love to kiss and/or hug my angels whenever I see them. I sometimes feel compelled to go into the room just to see them and if they are close enough, to give them a peck on the cheek or a touch on the arm.  I just want them to know they are loved.


I want them to love themselves.  I want them to feel worthy of themselves. I want them to know they are amazing. I want them to know they have the fortitude to withstand all that life can throw at them.  I want them to find joy and happiness in all things. 


I want them to know that in their life a woman named, Abbie, loved them unconditionally.
If I can leave any of these things, than I have surely left my footprint in the world.

Abbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I do enjoy reading your thoughts :)