Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Gumbo

Bill wanted to make dinner.  He knew I wanted to play with my new phone!

Aren't my reading glasses sexy?  haha. 
A side effect to getting older.

And if your wondering what I am drinking.  It is nice tall glass of Cosmo.  Lots of ice :) 
Vodka is my friend!



It helps me to understand this new technology of an android.


While I was reading and playing with all the new buttons,  my wonderful husband made gumbo.  He was meaning to try a new recipe.  He didn't have all the ingredients but he is loosey goosey with recipes.  He will either substitute or delete.  That is so not me.  I need the directions and follow them to a T.  I make a better baker than I am a cook. Precise measurements. If I don't have everything I need, I  won't be cook
OCD much??

I had to clean my kitchen but I didn't mind.  As long as I could look at my pretty phone, I cleaned. It didn't bother me one bit.  He was working so hard.  The very least I could do.


My love started with oil, onions, and  garlic power.

While that was cooking, he sliced up one pound of andouille sausage.


Once all of that was sliced up, he went to work on the green pepper and red pepper. 


Bill added the sausage to the pot. 

He then added the rest of the ingredients plus tomatoes he grew from the garden. 



Bill added chicken, rice, and then seasoned.  He used chicken legs because I didn't have chicken breast.  See loosey goosey.  I wouldn't have made it unless he suggests it.  I wouldn't have thought about it.















The aroma of the succulent food was overwhelming!  I couldn't wait to eat. 

I forgot to take a picture of the final product but let me tell you it was delicious!  And very filling!! 
Doesn't food taste better when someone else cooks it for you?

Thank you Bill for a wonderful meal and my new phone!

Very grateful Abbie

4 comments:

  1. i lurveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee gumbo -- i am from the mississippi gulf coast -- just 40 short minutes from gumbo heaven -- Nawlins!

    hey if ya get a whim & join instagram on your new droid -- look me up -- cynknight. it is my newest obsession & a great way to socialize & share photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive been to New Orleans beautiful and the food was outstanding!

    Instagram? Would love to just need to figure it out but will look you up when I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so good to me! I've never made it before, but I'll have to try it soon. Even, better, I should have my husband try to make it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it tastes better when the husband cooks it!
      Its very hearty :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I do enjoy reading your thoughts :)