Friday, August 5, 2011

A whole Hand

My first angel, Josiah.  He turned 5.  Five years ago, I saw him being born.  I was one of the first to see him.  The most incredible sight to ever see.  Tears of joy flowed like a river down my cheek.  The love that boy.  I feel such a connection with him.  Pappy and I went to see him to celebrate his birthday.

One thing my mom always told me, when my kids were little, was with a birthday always provide a small present to the other siblings to lessen the jealousy factor.  I have carried on tried and true with this idea.  I gave a present to Olivia and Jackson first and then the main ones to Josiah.

I also gave him a container of mini m & m's.  I know it is bad and what was worse when he opened it the contents spilled everywhere.  It gave me a chuckle.  Olivia was only to happy to help. And by help, she helped herself to what she found and put them in her mouth. 
Jackson loved the balloons that Josiah received.  Jackson was very happy and twirling himself around and around, while the other two were very busy playing with the gifts they received.  I guess with all the suger they had from the candy, they decided to start chasing each other thoroughout the house.   Didn't take any pictures of that. They would have been all blurrs.


I enjoyed holding Joaquin.  He greeted me with the best smile.  Thief of hearts that is what he is.  Though I gave him mine so willingly.


I assessed my situation and decided that it was time to leave.  I left mayhem in my wake.  My grandchildren were happy.  Isn't that the job of grandparent to spoil the kids?  Josiah wanted me to stay.  It was hard to say no but I did need to leave.  I told him he had to have dinner. I knew if I waited any longer the situation would turn ugly.  My daughter was already giving me the look.


He gave me the biggest hug and that is how I helped him celebrate his whole hand age.

Mayhem Maker Abbie


http://images.clipartof.com/small/1057760-Royalty-Free-Vector-Clip-Art-Illustration-Of-A-Boy-Popping-A-Party-Balloon-Behind-A-Girl.jpg

6 comments:

  1. My mom always gets small gifts for all grand kids too. Things go much more smoothly! Happy birthday to your 5-year-old grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grumpy - It must have been that generation. Wise weren't they? :)
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of giving gifts to the siblings, I think that's a beautiful way to include everyone but still spoil the birthday boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how sweet Abbie! And yes, that is EXACTLY what grandparents are for :o) My parents used to look after my eldest 2 days per week, for 18 months. They spoilt him rotten and I always used to joke that he had a Nana & Pop hangover the next day after being with them... because he would ALWAYS play up on me.
    It's such a heartwarming relationship with children and their grandparents and it looks like you've got lots of love for you from your beautiful grandkids :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Irish Italian Blessing - It can cost a little more but it is worth it to keep harmony :)

    Thank you for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie - I try to reduce the "hangover" as much as I can. That is why I left when I did. They were a little "intoxicated". lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I do enjoy reading your thoughts :)